|Imai Asami (今井麻美)|
If there's a chance that I could get to sing, I'll do anything.
|—Kisaragi Chihaya, Online Profile|
Kisaragi Chihaya (如月千早) is an idol from 765 Production. She is voiced by Imai Asami.
Chihaya is known to be gifted with the talent to sing. At 16 years of age, the young songstress cares about nothing but singing, spending almost all of her time devoted to singing only. She is considered to be "Cool and Serious", yet also has a very hard time deciding her emotions or what to say at certain times. Because of this, the other idols consider her to be "cold and heartless" in some situations. She is also a difficult person to socialize with, sometimes shutting herself away from people to practice singing and to exercise. Despite these facts, Chihaya does have a soft spot for others, especially for people whom she cares about even though she may never show it.
Chihaya's family consists of herself, her father, her mother, and her deceased little brother, named Yuu, who died in a car accident. After his death, her parents began fighting constantly and later divorced, causing Chihaya to despise them. It is due to this that she became a "cold" person and devoted her life to singing.
On her free time, Chihaya loves listening to classical music to help her practice her singing.
"I'm Kisaragi Chihaya. I heard that a new producer from 765 Pro was coming today from Otonashi-san. Please treat me well. By the way, are you sure you're okay with me? Although this is a very diverse field, I am an idol to sing. I will overcome any hurdles and lessons along the way to achieve my goal of becoming a top singer. The reason I became an idol was to sing, so I will take any harsh lessons and regimens that you give me. Let's work well together."
—Introduction Voice Clip
"I don't think I really have any appeal other than singing. But when I tried debuting as an idol, I haven't really gotten any farther than where I am right now. Um, maybe I could ask you. Producer, what do you think I should do to go farther? ...Huh? My upper body? Um, you think I should change my clothes to appeal to more people? Producer, you really have a way with words, don't you? I feel a little more at ease now."
—Appeal Point Voice Clip
"I want to increase the power of my singing, so that so many more people can hear me sing. And then maybe my singing will move people when my voice resounds in their heart. I know it may not seem like a simple aspiration, but I'll do whatever it takes. Producer, please help me reach this goal with your guidance!"
—Aspirations Voice Clip
"Um... Producer? If it's alright with you, I'd like to see today's schedule..."
"Thank you for your guidance."
"Pro--aha, hahaa! ...Pr-Producer? P-Please don't make me laugh! ...Ahahahaha!"
"An off day? Normally I just reserve those days for training..."
"If there's a chance that I could be able to sing, then I'll take on any job you set for me."
"Please, don't hold yourself back. If there's anything strange or out of the ordinary, please let me know right away."
"Um, I believe that this is a good song, and the message it sends off is just as wonderful. But, this costume... kgh!"
—Greetings voice clips
- Thank You! on THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER PERFORMANCE 01 Thank You!
- Blue Symphony on THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER PERFORMANCE 04
- Eternal Harmony on THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER HARMONY 04
- Welcome!! on THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER HARMONY 04
- Welcome!! on THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER DREAMERS 01 Dreaming!
- Dreaming! on THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER DREAMERS 03
- Alive Factor on THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER DREAMERS 03
- Snow White on THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER PERFORMANCE 04
- Just be myself!! on THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER HARMONY 04
- Thank You! on THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER SOLO COLLECTION Vol.2
- Snow White on THE IDOLM@STER 765PRO LIVE THE@TER COLLECTION Vol.1
- Just be myself!! on THE IDOLM@STER 765PRO LIVE THE@TER COLLECTION Vol.1
- Chihaya is very sensitive and self-conscious about her bust size ("B72"). (See THE iDOLM@STER (anime) [episodes 5 & 15], THE iDOLM@STER 2: Colorful Days [chapters 6 & 7], and THE iDOLM@STER: Live for You! OVA for examples)
- Chihaya loves dogs and would buy one if she could. However her apartment complex restricts the keeping of house animals and she'd need to ask someone to watch it while she's away at work.
- Before joining 765 Production, Chihaya was part of the chorus at her school. Being somewhat asocial, she only joined to improve her singing, as she did not like to sing with others.
- Chihaya has a very odd sense of humor, laughing loudly at the lamest jokes, almost making herself look a little foolish and childish to others sometimes.
- Aside from having no passion other than singing, it is noted that in THE iDOLM@STER Drama CD Scene.05 EXTRA STAGE 1 that Chihaya also has a strong interest for the Japanese Genroku Era art (called Kabuki) and Greek Architecture. In THE IDOLM@STER MOVIE, she is revealed to have picked up an interest in photography, this has also been shown in the Platinum Stars game.
- Chihaya tries to avoid showing her cold or bad side towards Producer. Instead, she tries to remain cheerful and happy around him.
- Though Chihaya can be stubborn, often refusing various requests made by the Producer, when forced she will do virtually anything.
- Chihaya sometimes idolizes Akizuki Ritsuko as a role model due to Ritsuko helping out in the productions as well as teaching her how to understand and remember lyrics.
- Chihaya wishes to be fat sometimes. Her idea of singing or being a "vocalist" is actually a opera singer.
- Chihaya is sometimes known to never eat sweets for unknown reasons (most likely to keep herself in shape for stage), sometimes refusing Haruka's cookies or cakes. But when offered vanilla ice cream, she will eat it non-stop.
- Chihaya has a habit of saying "Ku..." when she's upset or annoyed, and it has become a sort of catchphrase. In fan works and even in the anime, she often says it when her bust size is brought up.
- In the arcade version of the game, Chihaya's mood was extremely unstable with very low tension gains and high tension losses. If the player failed to greet her properly in the morning or didn't get a good lesson or a perfect communication, her tension would fall all the way down to low and stay there for a while. This is known to fans as "The Chihaya Spiral".
- Due to Chihaya sounding extremely robotic in the song Ohayou!! Asagohan, she is also called "Mecha Chihaya" by her fans. In fanart, she is depicted as wearing the HMD Visor.
In Chihaya's "December Affair" scene, when producer said that Chihaya might see Santa, Chihaya didn't say anything like 'Santa doesn't exist', making fans think she still believes in Santa.
- When not focused on singing, Chihaya has an extremely odd, unusual and an outgoing personality, as if almost a different person. Because of this in many fan art and even in some official manga, she's considered to be the main comic-relief character in the series.