|Skills||Gets better after sleeping one night|
|Komagata Yuri (駒形友梨)|
I don't have any complaints...! I decided I'm gonna do this, so I'm gonna do it!
|—Takayama Sayoko, Online Profile|
Takayama Sayoko (高山紗代子) is a new idol introduced in THE iDOLM@STER: Million Live!. She is voiced by Komagata Juri.
An honor student at school and a good singer, She's been determined since childhood-- she’d always put her whole heart into things and never give up until the last second. However, Sayoko often lacks self-confidence, believing that she doesn't have any outstanding talents. However, her determination allows her to believe that if she puts as much effort as she can into her work, she can do anything.
Although she wears her glasses in casual wear, Sayoko always take her glasses off when she works, which she says that by doing so, she leaves her weaker self behind with the glasses. To Sayoko, her glasses are a symbol of her weakness. But there's a downside to this as well-- since she doesn't actually wear any contact lenses when she takes her glasses off, her poor eyesight can’t differentiate between a person and a tree, even at close range.
Sayoko also seems to have made a promise to become a famous idol to someone she refers to as “that child”. There is not any information about him or her yet. They seem to have known each other since childhood, hinted at in the summer festival event when Sayoko made a comment about how "that child" had always invited her to festivals. No further details were given other than that this was a thing of the past.
While Sayoko belongs to the vocal category, she seems to have a talent for acting. She can almost actually become the role she acts. Interestingly, this talent seems to shine the most when the performance is horror-related. She can even suppress her own mentalities when the role calls for it.
Her family consists of her parents and her little brother. Unlike the always-diligent Sayoko, her parents are actually carefree and quite goofy.
"...Haa... Oh, p-please excuse me. I'm just a little bit tired from working so hard today."
"This costume's pretty cute! I want to wear it more often, so I won't lose and I'll work hard!"
"Everyone looks so cute in their theater outfits. I hope I look as cute as them..."
"I know that I'm kind of short on talent... But I believe that dreams can come true if you just work at them slow and steady."
"Things will be painful if I don't keep going on... so I'm gonna face forward!"
"I'll just have to turn my speech around and do it to it! ...Or at least that's what I'm telling myself."
"I understand the feelings of those who feel weak, so I hope I can use that encouragement to get this role."
"Have I been helping out at all by working hard? If I could move forward and help even just a little bit, I'd be glad."
"If someone ate that grilled sea bream I was saving until after my lesson... I'll neeeeeeeeeeeeeever forgive them!"
—Greetings voice clips
- Thank You! - 765 MILLIONSTARS ver. on THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER PERFORMANCE 01『Thank You!』
- Thank You! - 765THEATER ver. on THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER PERFORMANCE 01『Thank You!』
- Kawaranai Mono on THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER PERFORMANCE 07
- Hoshikuzu no Symphonia on THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER HARMONY 09
- Welcome!! on THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER HARMONY 09
- Kimi Omoi Birthday on THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER PERFORMANCE 07
- Vivid color on THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER HARMONY 09
- The special iDOLM@STER edition of the bi-monthly magazine “Febri” contained an interview with staff of ONE FOR ALL, Cinderella Girls and Million Live!. This interview revealed that Sayoko was actually intended to be a classic type idol, but since they already had Haruka for that role, Sayoko was given hot-blooded determination instead.
- She has a pet hedgehog named Hariko.
- Fandom depicts her ability to suppress her own mentalities as her having the ability to remove the eyeshine from her eyes anytime she wants.